“Chinese Government Scholarship Program” is a full scholarship program sponsored by the Chinese government and with this program;
is entitled to recruit Master’s Degree postgraduate students from all over the world. Applicants can apply for this scholarship directly from
; if being approved, your application will be submitted to Shandong Provincial Education Department and China Scholarship Council for further approvals.
Ⅰ. Introduction about this program
1. Scholarship availability: 11
2. Students’ Type: applicants for this scholarship should be foreign nationals who will study for Master’s Degrees as full-time students.
3. Length of the scholarship: this scholarship is limited by the schooling length of the specialties (for more information, please read the catalog of postgraduate programs for international students of
Note: The length of the scholarship is decided upon recruitment and can not be extended after your arrival.
Ⅱ. Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants should submit a written application and the required materials to the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Ludong University by March 29, .
Ⅲ. Qualifications for Scholarship
1. Applicants must be foreign nationals, and in good health;
2. Applicants should not be students of Chinese colleges or universities(except for those who were graduates from Chinese universities for one year or longer)
3. Applicants should bear a Bachelor’s degree and not be older than 35.
Ⅳ. Scholarship Scope
· Students are exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, experiment costs, practicum fee, basic teaching materials and boarding costs;
· Students are provided with a living stipend of 1700 RMB/month;
· Students are provided with a subsidy of 1500 RMB upon arrival;
· Students are provided with out-patient medical fees and Chinese
Government Scholarship Foreign Students Medical Insurance.
1. If the scholarship holder requests experiments or practicum not provided in the teaching plan, s/he should pay for the additional expenses.
2. Basic teaching materials refer to the textbooks appointed by the university to facilitate the scholarship holders to study their basic courses.
3. International airfare and inter-city travel expenses shall be covered by the student him/herself.
Ⅴ. Required Documents for Scholarship Application
Applicants should complete and submit the following materials (two duplicate copies for each material):
1. Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (to be filled in English or Chinese) Applicants should visit http://laihua.csc.edu.cnto fill in the form online and submit all the information to the application system. After that, please print out applicationform generated by the system.
The agency No. for
If the online application system is not accessible in your home country, you can fill in the form provided by China Scholarship Council (available at www.csc.edu.cn)
2. The notarized Highest Degree Certificate. If the applicant is a school student, s/he should provide a study certificate issued by his/her school; if the applicant has graduated, s/he should provide a work certificate issued by his/her employer. If the certificate is written in any language other than Chinese or English, its translated version should be notarized in Chinese or English.
3. Grade Transcripts for his/her undergraduate courses. If the transcript is written in any language other than Chinese or English, its translated version should be notarized in Chinese or English.
4. A photocopy of the passport and four photos taken recently (With white background and the size of 35mm×45mm)
5. Personal Statement. At least 500 words in Chinese or English.
6. Recommendation letters from two professors or vice professors and the letters should be written in English or Chinese.
7. Academic articles or achievements (if applicable)
8. A photocopy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners
(the form can be downloaded at http://www.csc.edu.cn/uploads/forms/foreinphy.pdf).
The form is provided by the Entry-exit Inspection and Quarantine Department of China and it should be filled in English.
Applicants should go through all the examinations in the form and the form should be signed by the physician and sealed by the hospital.
Otherwise, it will be considered invalid.
All the above-mentioned materials should be mailed to the International Exchange and Cooperation Office of Ludong University by March 29, 2013.
Approved or not, the materials will not be returned to the applicant.
Ⅵ. Areas of Study
For more information, please read the catalog of postgraduate programs for international students of
The catalog of postgraduate programs for international students.xls
Ⅶ. Teaching Language
All specialties of
are taught in Chinese, and Chinese levels of all applicants should have passed HSK 5, with a grade of no less than 180. For those holders who haven’t reached that Chinese level, they should spend one year improving their Chinese; only after having passed the Chinese test can they study in their own areas. In this case, their scholarship will be extended for one more year.
Ⅷ. Approval Procedure
All applicants will be first examined by the Review Committee of Ludong University and then the result will be reported to Shandong Provincial Education Department and China Scholarship Council for further approvals.
The admission notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) will be sent by China Scholarship Council to
by June 15th.
will notify the successful applicants afterwards.
Ⅸ. Other Information
1. Scholarship holders should participate in annual scholarship evaluation in accordance with Chinese Government Scholarship Annual Evaluation Measures.
2. If a scholarship holder fails to finish his/her studies for personal reasons, the scholarship cannot be extended.
3. If a scholarship holder has to suspend his/her studies because of severe illnesses, s/he should go back to his/her own country for treatment and s/he should be responsible for all the expenses; with the permission of the university, the scholarship can be reserved for a year but the living stipend, will be stopped. If a scholarship holder has to suspend his/her studies for other reasons, the scholarship will not be reserved.
4. Scholarship holders should follow the regulations relative to this scholarship. They cannot change the host institutions, areas of study and study lengths.
5. For those students who have done their physical examinations at their home countries, their medical records must be re-examined and certified by the Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau of China and the students should pay for the expenses; if they have to do the medical examination again, they should pay for the expenses. For unhealthy students, they should go back to their home country within the time limit and they should pay for their travelling expenses.
Contact: International Students’ Section, International Exchange and Cooperation Office,
Hongqi Middle Road
, Zhifu District,
Province, P.R. China 264025
Tel: +86-535-6673797 6696181 Fax: +86-535-6697578